Work Exchange Category: Ayahuasca
Chakra Alegría de Amor Rainforest Healing Center offers work-trade and volunteer opportunities in Peru in exchange for living accommodations for those who are interested in the participation of Ayahuasca ceremonies, plant medicines, self-healing modalities, and/or permaculture knowledge. This program requires a donation of $300 for all expenses for a month.
- We ask that all volunteers commit a one month minimum stay.
- For work trade opportunities on our Permaculture Farm only, we are looking for leaders or those who have taken a Permaculture Design Course (PDC). We will take care of all food, water, and accommodations in this magical part of the Amazon Rainforest in exchange for your hard work and dedication to this project.
- For work trade opportunities in exchange for participation in our healing center with plant Medicines, THIS IS A SEPARATE PROGRAM. Please contact us for details.
In exchange for work-trade and volunteering opportunities, we provide the following:
- We provide the opportunity to apprentice or help facilitate in up to 8 Ayahuasca ceremonies per month (if groups are available), where you would be helping guests and our Shaman in ceremonies, hence partaking in helping people to heal.
- Participation in activities such as yoga, reiki, art therapy, etc.. when provided.
- The opportunity to ‘clock out’ of society and immerse yourself back into nature where ultimate self-healing can be obtained.
- The blissful gift of selfless service to eradicate the ego or selfish nature. The act of offering services with no expectations in return helps to purify the heart. When we truly give, we are connecting back into our heart space, feel a great satisfaction for making a difference, and slowly awareness of our true Self is obtained. The yogis call this act ‘Karma Yoga.’
- Accommodations are in a shared tambo (hut) if available or in a large tent provided on the property near the kitchen, bathing area, and compost toilet.
- All meals and tea will be provided for volunteers and we encourage all to stay on the dieta while guests are present.
Volunteer and work-trade responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Trips into town (Iquitos/Nauta) to purchase food and supplies.
- Kitchen help: assistance in preparing the menu for the dieta, cooking, serving food, washing dishes, and keeping the area clean.
- Guest services: Setting up and organizing the tambos (huts) before guests arrive and the maloca before ceremonies.
- Permaculture: designing, composting, planting, maintaining, and harvesting crops from the jungle farm, feeding the livestock and animals in the rescue shelter.
- In addition to work trade, energy healing services may be utilized (if applicable) including: massage, reiki, cranial sacral, yoga, art therapy, etc…. (tips will be encouraged to offset the cost of your stay)
- Sign Language interpreting (if applicable) for all Deaf and Hard of Hearing guests during group and one-on-one sessions, meal times, during ceremony (basic needs), and when specifically requested. This is not a ‘typical’ interpreting assignment and we ask for flexibility. Please know, we also ask to lend a light helping hand around the property if needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this specific volunteer position.
We ask all volunteers to be willing to wake up early and start the day around sunrise. Depending on the duties allocated, we expect volunteers to work an average of 6 hours a day for 6 days a week. The schedule, duties, and responsibilities may change when retreats are in session so flexibility is needed.
This is a high demand position and we have limited availability so we ask that you take it seriously…
We all work very hard and we ask that all volunteers put their heart and soul into this…. What you put in, you will gain in return… aka ‘no slackers’, this by no means is a Club Med, and we say this with LOVE! This is an excellent and rare opportunity to heighten your awareness into the powerful indigenous wisdom of the Amazon and the healing forces of the rainforest.
Thank you in advance for your labor of LOVE!!