Tags: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Admin
    Keymaster
    #490 |

How do you feel about the tobacco plant? Would you smoke cigarettes if they were all only consistent of jungle tobacco?

Manu
    Participant
    #496 |

Only jungle tobacco is usualy too strong to be used as a normal cigarete. Mapacho is never smoked normally and only used in specific situations.
    a form of tobacco that is used regularly by the indigenous from the brasilian amazon is called Rapé, they turn the tobacco into a powder, mix it with ashes from specific trees, and blow it in the nose.
    Rapé is a powerful medicine, a healer and teacher plant. I will soon open a topic only for rapé, and will post pics, videos, and some info on how to make it!

Admin
    Keymaster
    #498 |

Nice Manu, can’t wait to learn more :)

Seti
    Participant
    #513 |

Tobacco is one of the sacred plants of the Amazon and is used for a variety of reasons. Some shaman use it for purgative purposes in preparation for an ayahuasca ceremony. I took part in several tobacco purges and believed it enhanced my subsequent sessions with ayahuasca. Ronald Rivera a shaman from Pucallpa talks about the purge in this video I made:

Admin
    Keymaster
    #514 |

wauw, thanks for sharing Seti!

Admin
    Keymaster
    #690 |

@manu – will you share your knowledge of how to make rapé and the benefits/effects of it? 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.